15 May 2010

Candid portraits

I often feel that staged portraits may sometimes look unnatural, especially when they make goofy faces, or when they don't want their picture taken, they point their middle fingers... or cover their faces... Well, cute and all, but they are unnatural...(Taking pictures of models are different though obviously...)

So, what I like to do is to use a longer lens, so I can take picture of them from a far. This makes them appear in their natural way, which is what I want. These pictures although are not special or award winning, but they are definitely better than silly faces and middle fingers...

I just came back from Mamak Night organised by the students of University of Tasmania, which was simply a night gathering where they put up stalls to sell oriental food. So here are some candid portraits from the event...







The following two pictures seem to indicate what will happen to me in the near future... haha... I will not let it happen....





Here are some candids of the students playing Pool...









That's all for now...

0 comments:

Post a Comment